Even before the COVID-19 pandemic upended every aspect of daily life, B2B buying preferences were undergoing a transformation. Starting with the discovery phase, technologically savvy B2B buyers were looking to digital channels to streamline their path to purchase and empower them with self-service functionality.
Now that we’ve been living with COVID for more than two years, these expectations have gone mainstream. Put simply, B2B buyers now expect the same convenience and flexibility that they demand from B2C brands. These recent data points reinforce this assertion:
- More than 75% of buyers and sellers say they now prefer digital self-serve and remote human engagement over face-to-face interactions (McKinsey, Oct 2020)
- Only 20% of B2B buyers hope to return to the in-person sales model (McKinsey, Oct 2020)
- 60% of B2B customers find buying products online more convenient than going through traditional channels, and 62% prefer to reorder online (McKinsey, July 2021)
- 68% of customers have purchased products in a new way in the past two years (Salesforce, State of the Connected Consumer, 5th ed, 2022)
- 65% of B2B organizations increased their investment in ecommerce in 2021 (Salesforce)
- By 2025, 80% of B2B sales interactions between suppliers and buyers will occur in digital channels (Gartner, Sept 2020)
To explore the consumerization of B2B buying in more depth, we teamed up with our partner, Logik.io and their one-of-a-kind Commerce Logic Engine – on a panel-style webinar. Entitled Omnichannel Everywhere: How to Evolve Your Sales Strategy with Commerce & CPQ, the 40-minute webinar featured revenue and commerce operations experts from both Argano and Logik.io:
- Amardeep Bhatia, Salesforce Practice Head, Argano
- Oscar Gonzales, Global Commerce Director, Argano
- Fazal Gupta, VP of Product, Logik.io
Click here to watch the webinar replay!
Want to learn more about how CPQ and Commerce technologies can help your business excel in our digital-first world? Contact us today for a free discovery call.